Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Your First River Trip

Dear Charlie,

One of my favorite parts of living in Yuma is that we are so close to the Colorado River.  Who needs the cold, salty beach water, when we have warm, 80 degree fresh water?  Not this girl.  Our friends, Trish and Mark Ellsworth, have a boat, and they invited us to go to the river with them.  We parked up on the beach where the water was very shallow, and we let you splash around.  You love to splash in the water, so much in fact that I had to pause from writing my blog to put the dog dishes up just now.  You like to stick your hand in Madi's water dish and splash around.  Ok, back to the river. . .

Around 2:00 you started to get fussy, so Trish fed you a bottle.  She had the brilliant idea of putting you in the tube under the shade.  Needless to say, it was the perfect little bed for you.


Daddy thought this picture was funny.

You woke up about an hour later, and we had fun playing on the river.  Even though you're making a funny face in this picture, you really did have tons of fun playing with your family in the water.  Mark said that he would take you for a tube ride next time we go, but I think we might wait a few years for that.

I love that my children are happy being outside at the river.  It makes it fun for me to take you to places.  I can't wait for our next trip.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment